As you dive into wedding planning, unfortunately, costs start piling up. Where does the most significant portion of your budget go? The Knot states that “Unsurprisingly, the biggest chunk of your wedding budget will go to the biggest investment, which is often the venue. Our study found that couples typically spend about 30% of their overall budget on the setting of their nuptials.”
How can you cut down that percentage? Here are a few tips:
- Hold your Ceremony and Reception at the same location: Holding your Ceremony and Reception at the same location helps cut costs and includes other benefits. You can avoid transportation issues for the wedding party, it removes the worry of guests that are unfamiliar with the area getting lost, and in general, helps create a more relaxed atmosphere. Along with this, one venue will keep costs down for décor, rentals, and flowers.
- Look for a less expensive day and season: Most people have their weddings on Saturdays. If you are willing to have your wedding on Friday or Sunday (or even a weekday), many venues will offer a discount. Along with this, getting married during an off-peak season can also help reduce costs. The most popular months to get married are May through October.
- Choose a venue that doesn’t require their vendors: When a venue requires you to use their in-house vendors, it can often drive up the cost. If a venue doesn’t have this requirement, you are free to choose whomever you want and get the best deal.
- Avoid At-Home-Weddings: Having a wedding at your home can seem more cost-effective, but that is not always the case. Venues are already equipped with everything you need. If a space is not equipped to cater a party, costs run up when you need to bring in tables, portable toilets, kitchen facilities, tents, etc.
- Do your research: When narrowing down your venue choices, it is essential to visit each contender. This will help you determine if the space is right for you, what is included in their rental fee, and allow you to get an estimate of other associated costs.
While venues can be one of the most expensive aspects of weddings, there are ways to save. At Molto Bella Weddings and Events, we give you access to the venue’s indoor and all outdoor areas, which are suitable for both large and small events. We won’t surprise you with surcharges, and while we feature vendors in the area, we do not have required in-house vendors.
We offer many services and items free of charge for your own unique wedding. We set up to your specifications, and when the event is over, you walk away, and we clean up.
We have some of the most comprehensive and competitive packages in the area. Learn more and see why Molto Bella Weddings & Events is the perfect venue for you and your budget.