We are officially in Spring! Bring on the blooming flowers and warmer weather! Spring means that summer is right around the corner, and if you are planning your summer wedding, you may be looking for that extra little special touch. It may be adding refreshing summer beverages, and you are in luck! Here are a few flavorful options:
Consider setting up a lemonade stand for your guests to enjoy! A classic summer drink, lemonade is cool and refreshing. Get creative, and add other fruity flavors, such as strawberry or watermelon.
Ice Tea Bar
Like the lemonade stand, an iced tea bar is a great option for your wedding. Offer pre-mixed pitchers of various flavors, or opt for a build-your-own station! Allow each guest to customize their drink.
Champagne, sparkling wine, chilled citrus juice, and you are set. Have several pitchers full of juice combinations and encourage them to mix and match until they find their favorite flavor combination. Offer a few bottles of ginger ale or sparkling water for a non-alcoholic option.
If you want to make an impression, frozen drinks are the way to go! Keep it classic with a daiquiri or pina colada station, or get creative and offer unique frozen drinks like mango margaritas or strawberry bellinis. Whatever options you choose, your guests will love these refreshing summer cocktails!
Create an elegant wine bar for a sophisticated touch. Have a few chilled wines ready to go, and consider offering a selection of cheeses or charcuterie boards to accompany the drinks.
Personalize your wedding by creating signature mocktails or cocktails named after you and your spouse-to-be. Pick two favorite drinks and give them names that represent your love story. Then offer instructions on how to craft each cocktail so everyone can get in on the fun. Below we have included a few customizable mocktail options to spark some inspiration:
Mai Tai Mocktail Party Punch Recipe by Liz on Call
- 1 liter orange juice
- 1 liter pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup almond syrup
- 1/2 cup grenadine
- 1 liter sparkling/seltzer water
- oranges, limes, cherries for garnish
- In a pitcher mix together orange juice, pineapple juice, lime juice and almond syrup.
- You can keep this punch base in the fridge until party time.
- Once ready to serve you can serve in individual glasses by adding ice to a cup, filling the cup 1/2 full of juice, adding a splash of grenadine and then topping it off with seltzer water and garnishing with fruit.
- To serve in a big punch bowl, mix grenadine and seltzer water to juice and stir together, then add ice and fruit.
Lemon Drop Mocktail by Food Banjo
- 1.25 oz lemon juice
- ¾ oz simple syrup
- 2.5 oz club soda, chilled
- Place a small pile of sugar on a plate. Take a martini glass and either with a lemon half or water, wet the rim. Dip the rim of the glass in the sugar, getting a nice coating around the rim.
- Into a cocktail shaker, add ice cubes, simple syrup, and lemon juice. Shake together for 15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into the martini glass. Top with club soda.
- Garnish with lemon peel or anything else you’d like! Enjoy.
Fizzy Basil Lemonade Mocktail by Kitchn
- For each drink, gently muddle about 2 tablespoons of torn fresh basil leaves in the bottom of a tall glass. Add ice and fill the glass about halfway with lemonade (homemade or store-bought). Top the glass off with a pour of seltzer, and stir together. To serve, garnish with fresh slices of lemon and a sprig of fresh basil.
We hope these ideas inspire you to create a festive drinking menu for your summer wedding. With any of the options above, your guests will surely be delighted!